Isabella Danielle, born at 24 weeks and 1 day, 1lb 11oz, 12.5in

Zachary Michael, born at 36 weeks, 5lb 13oz, 18.5in

Alexander Charles, FULL TERM, 7lb 1oz, 20in

Monday, April 6, 2009

THANKFUL

I think I thank God more than anything during the day when reaching out to Him. I am thankful for being tired. I am thankful for a baby that fights going to sleep. I am thankful for a crying baby. I am thankful for endless dirty diapers. I am thankful for an understanding, dedicated husband. I am thankful for two puppies that make me laugh. And I am surely thankful to great friends, so many of you have shown effortless compassion towards our family. I wanted to express this because I have spent the last hour updating myself on NICU blogs, and tears just swelled up in my eyes. Tears of sadness, having gone through that pain, not knowing what current NICU parents are really going through with varying illnesses, guilt for the baby that lays in my lap, but tears of joy for getting to look down at the smile on her face. Most importantly, I am thankful for the life that God has graced Chris and I with raising. I hope that we can make Him proud.

Being home has been amazing. It is so peaceful and nice to feel like life is somewhat back to normal. We are still getting settled in and unpacking after our week long journey across half the country. I worked on Bella's room first, even though her furniture is still at my moms. Here are a few pics (oh, of her too!):



































Love & God Bless

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am loving all the new pictures ... it is so much fun to envision Bella crawling and playing on her bedroom floor ... those days will be here before you know it!

PS - LOVE the angel bench!

stephanie said...

Good to hear you guys have made it home! Thanks for sharing the pictures, and I gotta admit I'm a little envious of Bella's closet already! Take care, and let me know if you need anything.

Anonymous said...

Good pics and a great update! You both are so blessed to have such a miracle in your lives! For many people that keep up with your story, it makes life so precious and to remember how blessed we are to have the "basics" in life! Many kisses to baby Bella :}

Love,
Kim, Jeff, and Mallory Juarez