Isabella Danielle, born at 24 weeks and 1 day, 1lb 11oz, 12.5in

Zachary Michael, born at 36 weeks, 5lb 13oz, 18.5in

Alexander Charles, FULL TERM, 7lb 1oz, 20in

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Getting Oh So Close

Baby Derek Update
In our last quick post I mentioned a prayer request for our friends Cam and Cynthia. Their little boy Derek was born on August 3rd about 1pm at 4lb 5oz. He was taken to the level 3 NICU after a short evaluation. Derek was intubated for 3 days and diagnosed with pulmonary hypertension. He has since been moved to the level 2 NICU, now weighing about 3lb 15oz. He has progressed to no oxygen requirements, no IV lines and full feeds. Once he can get his bottle feeding to a routine, they should let him head out the NICU door. Praise God!

Zach Update
Little man is cookin' away. My progesterone shots have stopped and we are thinking the cerclage will come out this next week instead of later. This coming Wednesday we have an ultrasound and should get his approximate weight at that time. Chris and I have a bet as to how big he will be. My belly is quite large and everywhere you touch you can feel baby. I am super excited and ready to meet the little man that is training to be an MMA fighter in my tummy. This kiddo has some serious kicks and punches. Hopefully he and Bella don't have too many crazy fights as they get bigger. I know how strong she is and I can only imagine what he is going to be like.

A special THANK YOU to Chris' co-workers for throwing us a baby shower last week. It was super awesome and they got Zach tons of cool stuff...a few boy things that we forgot we needed.



Isabella and the Terrible 2s
We know that Bella is aware that mommy is pregnant. But we aren't sure if she is sensing that Zach will be here soon or if the Terrible 2s are starting to kick in. She has been super moody, crying at the drop of a hat, not listening to us (basically doing what she wants), and all around having major attitude. Other than the fits over the last couple of days, she is doing FABULOUS. Our itty-bitty baby has grown into a little lady and is soaking up more and more knowledge each second of each day...WE LOVE IT!!!



Isaiah 61:10 I will greatly rejoice in the LORD, My soul shall be joyful in my God; For He has clothed me with the garments of salvation, He has covered me with the robe of righteousness, As a bridegroom decks himself with ornaments, And as a bride adorns herself with her jewels.

1 comment:

Lynsie said...

You look so cute!!! Bet you can't wait to meet your little guy.
Could you please email me at lynsiethoe@hotmail.com? I somehow lost your email address that Liz sent us when Connor was born. I have a few questions for you and know you're about to be very busy soon. Thanks!