Isabella Danielle, born at 24 weeks and 1 day, 1lb 11oz, 12.5in

Zachary Michael, born at 36 weeks, 5lb 13oz, 18.5in

Alexander Charles, FULL TERM, 7lb 1oz, 20in

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The DUE DATE

Hello All! I haven't written in a few days...mainly from sleep deprivation...but wanted to give you a heads up on how GREAT Isabella is doing since today is her OFFICIAL due date according to sonograms. Her title(s) of princess and chunky monkey still hold true. She is eating like a football player in training camp and screams when she isn't being held. Really, she is doing her basic newborn criteria and growing before my eyes. We have gone through diapers and wipes like there is an endless supply out there in baby land. She has tinkled on me three times today (which Daddy has found hilarious) and required new outfits each time. When awake and calm, Bella is very attentive, tracks well with her eyes, and captures so much as she opens her eyes very wide. I try to do small amounts of physical therapy with her during and after feeds. Her body is still very tight and I have noticed more twitching and spasms than in days and weeks past (something I will try to bring up at her next pedis appointment). There have only been a couple of things that have brought a small amount of panic because they are out of her "norm"; and I don't have a monitor and/or nurse by my side to reassure me of everything. Luckily with the help of Facebook I can bounce questions off the nurses pretty easy; there is also my mom and Lauren that have been able to listen to me and give mommy advice.

Everyone here in town continues to be so supportive of Isabella and me while we are alone. They continue to check on us daily, offer advice and get us anything we might need while we hang out in the apartment. THANKS LADIES!!!

I also want to take the time to thank all of my fellow CMC employees that have sent their testimonials over the last couple of weeks regarding our sharing of Bella's story. I am so thankful that God has brought Isabella into so many lives. Chris and I would have never thought that a blog that was started to communicate her well-being to our family and closest friends would turn out to be a heartfelt, spiritual connection for so many people. We are honored by your comments and continue to be awed by God's glorious love. May God continue to open in your hearts as you continue to read about Isabella's life, her journey as a child, and her walk with God.

Peace & God Bless

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 40 Weeks!

Unknown said...

Bella is an amazing young lady. Getting tinkled on, burped on, etc. is just part of being a Mother. It has been heart warming and fantastic to read about all the support you have gotten while in Virginia. The Lord does answer prayers and sends his help. Much luv, M