Isabella Danielle, born at 24 weeks and 1 day, 1lb 11oz, 12.5in

Zachary Michael, born at 36 weeks, 5lb 13oz, 18.5in

Alexander Charles, FULL TERM, 7lb 1oz, 20in

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baby Bella Day 86

Isabella was all smiles today, at least when she wasn't cranky from being hungry! I dropped Chris off at the airport very early and headed to check on her. She was in great spirits. Colleen said that Bella slept all night; mostly do to the little yellow earmuffs we put on her (adorable picture below). And to my surprise, they weaned her off the cannula. She was breathing great on her own. By my afternoon visit, they had stopped the fentanyl completely. Bella seemed so relaxed that I decided to hold her for a little while. She slept for an hour and a half in my arms. After I put her back she started making these grunting noises, it was the cutest thing. Sure enough, a few seconds later, I heard her pass gas...WOOHOO! One step closer to where she needs to be. Around 5:30 Isabella had visitors. I'm not sure if you all remember, but the day I went into labor I had a great friend by my side, Rebecca Hale. She did a wonderful job of taking care of me and keeping me comfortable at different times during the day. Well, she happened to be back in town for work and got to see Isabella for the first since helping to ensure she had an easy entrance into this world. I was so excited for Rebecca to see Bella. I had the camera in hand just so I could take a picture of her first reaction to seeing the princess. But then an amazing thing happened, the nurse interrupted me...WE HAD POOP!!!!!!!!!! OMG, I was probably terribly loud and did not even know it. I did a little shake and took pictures, how crazy am I!?! I instantly sent Chris a text to let him know the great news. One down and many many many to go. The funniest thing though, Bella was so happy and relaxed after her diaper got changed. I had not seen her be that cute in quite a while. I am so sorry Chris missed that. So Jennifer, Rebecca and I caught up on everything Bella and then headed to dinner. While we were at dinner, Bella got moved out of the intensive portion of the NICU to the transitional side (where she came from). With her progress over the last two days (and a spot opening up), it was a great time for her to move. She is back in E-pod and loving the quiet.

We want to thank the Lord for another blessed day! He is an awesome God and has brought further healing to our precious girl. She truly is one of his precious gifts. God Bless you all!







7 comments:

Unknown said...

Had to laugh at your excitement about the poop. But I understand. Hooray for Bella. And for her wonderful progress. I know you will miss Chris. If I were there I would bring you chicken soup and apple pie. Instead I'm sending prayers, love and hugs. M

Bobby said...

You may be excited about 'POOP' now, but just wait.... tee hee. Love you guys, hug my niece for me!

Unknown said...

Happy Dance! Happy Dance!

Ellie said...

Super Duper (pooper) Awesome!!!!

Andi Gaspard said...

I could not stop smiling when I read your latest post, I am so happy for you guys, way to go Bella!

The Babel Family said...

Yea!!!! Its amazing how our little angels make us excited about things like that.. And many more to come. She is beautiful!! I love these new pics.
Love and Prayers,
Brad, Tyra and Trenleigh

LisaL said...

Yea for poop!! Whooo hoo!!!