There isn't much new to report today. This morning we had a bit of a scare. Isabella has had increased stool output (more than they like to see), more episodes of apnea and bradycardia in succession, on a little higher oxygen setting, and her color was not as pink as it had been a couple of days ago. There was some suspicion that she may have an infection. They ran a chest and abdominal x-ray to see what the airways looked like. Dr. Zanelli read the x-ray and felt that it was okay but they will monitor her closely. Because of this incident they did not pull the PICC line today. In the event she did have an infection the antibiotics would be administered through the PICC line. It was decided that they would continue to monitor her ostomy output to determine if it is the increased calorie fortifier that is causing the increased stool output. At best they would just have to slow down her feeding a little bit. So as of now there is no infection and she is just kicked back relaxing. Her weight is up to 1420g or 3lb 2oz.
Isabella did get moved this afternoon. G pod was set up as a temporary area. All the babies around her in G pod were older and discharged so they had to move her with other babies for staffing purposes. The new area is definitely not as quiet but still somewhat private.
We hope that you all are doing well! Peace be with you & God Bless!