Isabella Danielle, born at 24 weeks and 1 day, 1lb 11oz, 12.5in

Zachary Michael, born at 36 weeks, 5lb 13oz, 18.5in

Alexander Charles, FULL TERM, 7lb 1oz, 20in

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby Bella Day 11

I don't really know how I feel right now. Bella has elevated IDT levels today, she is at .3, anything over .2 is not good and a potential sign of infection. Her little belly looks bloated and the ultrasound shows an inflammed intestine. Her PDA is also still there and moderate and is causing excess fluid build up in the lungs, but they can't do anything about the PDA until they take care of the possible infection in her tummy. Machel has been so great, she is learning everything and sounds like a nurse already, she asks great questions and is constantly probing for information. It looks like the endomicin that they used to treat the PDA may have caused this intestine inflammation. They aren't sure, but that's what they think, so they don't want to give her more endomicin, they might try a different medicine, but it sounds like the surgery is the most likely alternative. I can't bear the thought of her being sick or needing surgery. Then I think about all of the other parents who have been through this and the strength that is required to sustain through all of the ups and downs. We have only been going through this for 11 days other families have gone through the entire rollercoaster and now have happy little kids, some have happy big kids. I keep praying that the Lord will grant Isabella the strength to walk on this Earth with all of her friends and family. I also think about how much I want to hold her, I enjoy reading to her so much, every second I spend with her is a moment of pure joy, I am very thankful for that. Machel and I have already finished many books and we reread stories all of the time. I can't wait to watch my wife hold our daughter and kangaroo her. I can't wait to do it myself. I pray that the Lord watch over us, the other families going through this hardship and all the loving friends and family that offer so much support. I can't imagine going through this without all of your love and well wishes, I feel like the Lord answers our prayers everyday and shows himself through the love of our fellow man. I am sorry that I am rambling but this is what goes through my head constantly, fear, hope, love, joy, sadness but I always seem to have faith and the Lord there to. May the faith that you possess guide you through all of life's trials and bring you happiness and joy.

4 comments:

CAnderson said...

I try to pray specifically for your needs each day. Today, my prayer is a prayer of encouragement. Hang in there and know that there are better days ahead for you, Machel, and your beautiful Isabella.

Isaiah 41:10
So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

With love and prayer,
Cynthia

Candice said...

Hey guys, stay strong! Unfortunately this is part of the ups and downs everyone speaks of. Yes, you've been at it less time than some, but that doesn't change the fact that this journey is difficult. You are doing exactly what you should be - asking questions is the best way to educate yourself and understand what is happening with your precious baby girl. As I said before, try to not concentrate too much on one event and look at the big picture. Lots of prayers for you from Houston...
Candice, Cody & Rhys

Sarah said...

I don't know you but I stumbled onto your site from a friend of a friend's site. You are in my prayers as well as my pray list. Just remember that God is good..all the time.
"That He May be Glorified" John 9
Sarah

Ruth V said...

Chris and Machel,
Rebecca is my sister-in-law and she and Mark shared your blog with me. What a beautiful little girl you have! God is Good! All the time!
I live in Fredericksburg, VA with my husband and 2 children. If you need anything-anything please do not hesitate to let us know. I will be happy to make meals and bring them to you to freeze. My friend who is a nurse travels to UVA frequently to see a DR there. She has also offered to deliver anything you need.
We are praying for you. God will sustain you.
In Christ.
Ruth