Isabella Danielle, born at 24 weeks and 1 day, 1lb 11oz, 12.5in

Zachary Michael, born at 36 weeks, 5lb 13oz, 18.5in

Alexander Charles, FULL TERM, 7lb 1oz, 20in

Friday, December 19, 2008

Baby Bella Day 14 cont.

What an awesome day it has been!!! As Chris mentioned earlier, my boss Kyle came to visit us. It was very enjoyable and great to see someone I consider family. I want to take this time to thank all my coworkers back in Seguin for being so dear to me and continuing to fill me (and Chris) with encouragement. You all have been through so much with me and have always stuck by my side. I know that I am often very strong, but you all have been a rock for me in so many ways. I love and cherish all of you!

After Kyle's visit the two of us kind of bummed around for a bit. We had dinner plans with a coworker of mine from the plant I was visiting when I went into labor, so we didn't want to do too much before that. Amy, Chris and Chaysen took Chris and I to dinner. We had great conversation, a very nice meal, and a fun time watching Chaysen being the center of attention. He is precious!!! Thanks to the three of you for dinner and showing us a good time tonight. And when we left Amy had a car full of surprises for Isabella, Chris and myself. Several people at the plant passed along gifts to Amy to bring to us. Each of them was very nice and much appreciated. All of you have been so kind and generous. THANK YOU! (By the way, I have already eaten three cookies Carrie.)

Now the most important part...our BEAUTIFUL baby girl! After dinner we went straight to the hospital. All of her vitals are about the same, which is pleasant; and she gained 20 grams. That means she is just over 1lb. 13 oz. In addition, the resident came over to tell Chris about the ultrasounds she had today. Her preliminary read of them (the official one will come in the morning) was good. It appears from the head ultrasound that she has started to absorb some of the initial bleeds in her brain (that were grades 1 and 2). In addition, it appears that she maybe starting to absorb some of the fluid sitting around her abdomen as well...which is what they were wanting to happen so that they do not have to do surgery. So several signs are pointing in the right direction tonight. All of your prayers are working and the strength of God is shining through Isabella.

The verse I want to pass along tonight came in the card we received from Iris tonight (it is perfect!).

Philippians 4:13
I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.

Short, simple and powerful...take care and God Bless you all!


4 comments:

KCWoodhead said...

She looks soo good in those pics!

Candice said...

Oh wow, I love the picture of Dad and baby Bella. Cody and I have taken a ridiculous amount of pictures and I am so glad we did. There has been very few days our camera was not at the NICU with us, we literally have hundreds of pictures, and they help tell the story of how far Rhys has come. One of my favorites was our wedding bands on Rhys' arm... it definitely gives you perspective. I am so glad Bella is doing well, she really looks great. I am truly impressed by her room air oxygen levels, that is fantastic! We continue to pray for her health and your peace of mind. PS – I am sending you guys a Zaky so keep your eyes out for a package. We bought it for Rhys when we saw how much he loved the one at the hospital, but then he received TWO as a gift so we never even took ours out of the package. I am sending it to the NICU, attention Miss Isabella. :)

Stay strong! ~Candice, Cody & Rhys

Anonymous said...

I think she does look bigger! My prayers are with you every day.

Unknown said...

She looks great (her weight, color, etc.) Chris is so cute looking over her (it is only the start of how much he will protect her). Take care and keep the faith.

Amber